Friday, May 21, 2010

New Testament/Old Testament

The past couple of weeks, our class has been playing games to help learn the structure of the Bible. Here's one of the games that we did 2 Sundays ago. The game is called 'Old Testament/New Testament'. I gave the kids a Bible verse and they had to figure out if it was from the Old Testament or the New Testament. They did really well! Think you can do as good as your kids? Try it out for yourself:

1. God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son. Anyone who believes in him will not die but will have eternal life.

2. But the angel said to them,
“Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy.
It is for all the people.
Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you.
He is Christ the Lord.

3. In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth

4. The Lord is my shepherd. He gives me everything I need.
He lets me lie down in fields of green grass.
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He gives me new strength.
He guides me in the right paths for the honor of his name.

5. At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee. John baptized him in the Jordan River

6. So David won the fight against Goliath with a sling and a stone. He struck the Philistine down and killed him. He did it without even using a sword.

7. Peter said, “I don’t have any silver or gold. But I’ll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, get up and walk.”

8. That same night I will pass through Egypt. I will strike down every oldest son…And I will judge all of the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord.
The blood on your houses will be a sign for you. When I see the blood, I will pass over you. No deadly plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

9. Then the Lord said to Noah, “Go into the ark with your whole family. I know that you are a godly man among the people of today”

10. I, Paul, am writing this letter. I am an apostle of Christ Jesus just as God planned.

Answers

1. John 3:16 OT
2. Luke 2:10-11 NT
3. Genesis 1:1 OT
4. Psalm 23:1-3 OT
5. Mark 1:9 NT
6. 1 Samuel 17:50 OT
7. Acts 3:6 NT
8. Exodus 12:12-13 OT
9. Genesis 7:1 OT
10. Colossians 1:1 NT

No comments:

Post a Comment